Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 4, 2003

Viewing the past

Well today was a good day after having one of the worst nights in a while last night. Boy I haven't cried that much in a while. Last weekend I went to a dance and people told me Gail your on that PINK cloud watch yourself! I said I feel so good nothing could break my bubble. Well they where right. I went into a emotional down fall ( but I never though of drinking ) I just was tired of being sick and tired. I lost my track for a little bit, not remembering what I do have instead of what I don't have. I have so much to be gratful for, great kids, good friends, and my life back. And all the thanks go to my Higher Power (god) or how you choose to see him. Tonight I went with a friend of mine to a place where I first walked in and fell apart, ( the Turnersville, NJ ) meeting, boy it felt good, people came up to me and said I know you don't I and I just said yes It's me Gail, they said Oh my God we didn't even know who you where at  first they said I looked so good, I had a Glow, I said thank you and that the difference was that I'am HONESTLY sober now. The last time these people saw me I was Death warmed over. It was so nice seeing those people again, it was worth the hour ride. I saw a young man there ( about 16-17 years old) tonight, it was his first meeting everyone Welcomed him and they gave him a 24 hour chip and told him 24 hours at a time. It brought a tear to me because I remember when they did that for me. This young Man sat next to me tonight, holding that chip so tight he was shaking, He is in my prayers tonight, I hope he does better with the 24 hour chip then I did. It told me 24 hours plus a YEAR to admit my life was totally out of control. gail

No comments: