Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2011 "The End of the Beginning"

It has been along time sense I written. So much has changed in my life. Amazing I'm still Sober but yes,,,,,,,,,,, I'm blessed to have stayed sober for 7 1/2 years now.

Today if I'm nothing else I'm grateful for each breath, sight and heart beat I get to feel and see.

In the course of this year, from my last post, I'm still in a relationship with a wonderful caring person. Last Summer my Mom was getting checked because she felt so worn down she was a RN retired but still worked traveling nurse and Loved it. End of last Summer she found out that she had Cancer that was located in the liver but it was a form of Bladder Cancer. She started her treatments and it worked great for three months. Then she went on another she just would hold her head up even when she felt like shit. I come from a family that my Two sisters that live next to Mom are teachers, They went back to school and Mom got sicker. I blocked off Mondays for work because that was my Moms Chemo days.... Then Mondays became Mon, Wed, Fri... then hospital then so on. I became my Moms care taker.... She trusted me for strength,  Honesty, She  was amazing..........  she was only 67 . My Mom is a big part of my recovery.. Moms never give up.  It was a Very bad winter and I didn't work with my business we lost allot but gained at the same time. I had my car repoed, bills backed up to the extreme but Bruce sold his personal stuff and we did what we had to do. I couldn't have done it alone.  My son, daughter in law  and granddaughter still live at her grandmothers God bless her.  Losing my last parent has such a weird feeling like "orphaned" fear. Today is 30 days my Mom has been passed, She passed away March 26th. She found out on March 17th there was nothing else to do. I asked her, Do you want to go Home? She said yes, the next day the room was ready, hospice "they are a savior" my Mom died 8 days later,, first three days home she was still communicating, and then just settling. The 12 hours before she died the nurse and I where cleaning My Mom up and thank God for the Hospital experience I have from working at SMH I was able to help. When we turned my Mom her eyes where as yellow as a egg,,,, When she passed she opened her eyes and smiled. Her eyes where as clear as clear could be. Thats God!!!!!!   I miss her so much.. If I had to do it all over again . I would be honored. I lost but gained so much more. God please give my Mom a kiss for me, TU


Till later, gailwindsnj1 the jersey shore girl

2 comments:

sharon daily said...

That was nice reading that & very brave you going through it.Even more brave staying sober Is what you have to focus on.Your mom would want that more than anything.My mom will be gone 5 years on june 1.It doesn't get easier but the memories I shared with her keep me going.Take care & stay strong!
Sharon

Victoria cuz said...

Stay strong girl, you are an amazing women and I am proud to call you family and a friend. You need me for anything call me. Love the blog.