Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 31, 2003

A way to close out oct...

Well, today was special day. ( I didn't drink ) I went to the meeting tonight. They always make me feel loved and NORMAL, I was talking tonight about keeping it simple. Well you can try but this disease is all but simple. But learning to see the blessings from God that you wouldn't normally see when you are drunk, is a high within it self. I had a great day My daughter sent me a e-mail today that touched my heart sooooo much, (she welcomed me back to life ) these are the blessings, I walked out of my AA meeting tonight, the meeting room is 1/2 block from the beach. The sky was clear and it was warm for oct. ( IN N.J ) and i looked up and the brightess falling star I have ever seen fell, any other time I would have wished for something that is in Gods Hands anyway. I started to wish and stopped, all that came to mind was not a wish but a thank you to my higher power (god) as we understand him. I felt great then I realized I might not have had a second chance on somethings but god did give me a second chance on life. AA and the fellowship of great people really helped me get there. Like we say keep coming back it works if you work it. If I can do it and feel so good after this short time, I can't wait for the long haul. Day to Day, Thanks in the morning , Thanks at night , make a meeting make two if you need that uplift and great feeling that comes about you when SOMEONE does understand. God Bless Everyone, And God be with the still that are suffering. Sweet Dreams and Lord Thank you for another day. ( now thats something we wounldn't normally say as drunks ) Another Day?   Gail

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gail for sharing your sober thoughts. Sounds like a wonderful day. God Bless you! Love Brenda