Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Thee Obsession

I was thinking today about when I hit my final bottom with my drinking. i meant up with a friend of mine for 30 years this is the first time she ever saw me sober and her husband has been sober for some 24 hours now. He ask me " Was the obsession to drink lifted from you right away when you really where ready for it?" I've been thinking of that. you know when I finally had enough of the abnormal being so normal for me and watching my daily life just become what it was, when I truly surrendered to drinking it was lifted. What wasn't lifted right away was living in my own skin and wanting a better life JUST FOR ME,,, not for the husband,kids,etc.. because at first i thought being sober would have brought those things back but it bought back just want I was suppose to get and what a life. I still struggle with everyday living things but I now know that is just life.

Till Later Love gail ( the jersey shore girl}..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Gail,
It was great to see you. Also great to see you sober. Take one day at a time and you will accumulate alot of 24 hours. Hang tough and keep in touch.
Love ya,
Rocky