Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 2, 2007

Time can heal!!!!

Hello everyone I'm here to tell you Time can Heal

T=This

I=I

m=Must

E=earn          !!!!!!!!

I had a nice day with my youngest son, Boy he is growing into such a great young Man.. I'm so proud.  I was brought back to memories of when all I would talk about was my ex-husband boy now that I think about that what hurt it must of brought to my kids. At the time I was totally heart broken and thought life could never go on but Time heals Life did go on. I still get sad and think of the way it was when my family and I where together and the softball days and school trips etc.. But I look at my kids now and they are growing growing up. They make decisions now for themselves and come forward with problems of there own today instead of all ours. Everyone survived. I look back what I would have done different One thing for sure I would been there when my kids went to bed I would have made sure dinner time was special,, and all that stuff . The only way I could have done those things where to put the drink down and it took over my life. I'm so grateful today that I don't need that drink and I'm not embarrassed to say so . Say That Drinking for me is out of the question,,  and I'm forward to let people know what happened to me and it is a disease that is totally controlling. I look back at this journal from when I first started it and tell you the truth I see life come alive. Even thou I put the drink down over three years ago three years ago I just wanted to die. I lost everything that ever mattered to me. I loved my family so much but one drink and I'm rude, hurtful,mean & un sensible and by true nature I'm totally opposite.  Time heals not only other people that where hurt by my addiction but It changed me into the caring woman that I am today. Thank you everyone for loving me when I was unsolvable & unreliable & Unfit to love..  Thank you God!!

Your's Truly   "The jersey shore girl-"   Gail

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! it's amazing how Booze can turn us into monsters. To know me now is the complete opposite of the old boozed up broad that didn't care about anything or anyone except that almighty bottle. Oh, when sober I cared deeply for family and friends. But when boozing which turned into a 24/7 nightmare there was never any love or kindness to be found. Not from me when drunk and sober I was a mess, a real pity party. So I relate to this entry and all I can say is.....don't ever ever forget those days. Don't ever let your guard down. Stay strong and remember....sober you are a completely differant person. A person you can live with and look in the mirror at and be proud. Now till the last day your on this earth, you have the chance to make up for all the hurt you caused yourself and others. Concentrate on that and being kind to yourself.

Anyone who can beat the bottle is a big time winner in my book. A person I'd call a friend. Cause we've been there and done that. We've learned and grew up the hard way. From inside the bottle to outside in this beautiful earth we call home. From living inside the bottle to living outside with our loved ones and friends, that now enjoy being around us.
You go Girl....You go and enjoy your being sober....

Anonymous said...

Please come and add your blog to the Top100 SoberBlogs!

http://soberblogs.gotop100.com/

Gwen R.
TwelveBeads.com