Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 30, 2004

ONE YEAR TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made it, One year sober today. Thanking God every STEP.  It is great last year my kids where not really in my life. I was someone that they only seen in there nightmares. Just the Despair in my life and the Total Physical breakdown of a human being. And now my 15 year old son stayed up till 12am. to be the first one to say Happy 1st. Year. I'm so happy I speak tonight in Wildwood and it's going to be so powerful. My husaband and Two of my children this will be the first meeting they ever went to. My middle son he is 17 he goes with me all the time. My life has changed so much in so little time. I found myself getting feared up today though, because no one has ever heard my story and now it's going to be a first for alot of people. I speak in the rehabs alot and do alot of service but this is different, this is personal. That One Day At A Time turned into a year, that is really something else. Tomarro this journal will start with the process of another day another year, My experiences, Strengths and Hopes. I thank God and the people that where put in my path, they are great (uncondtional LOVE) thats the only word for them all. I seen a girl tonight that looked just like me ayear ago she is very sick, scared, and boney, can't eat or sleep, she is beautiful and shakey but if she doesn't get it shes going to die..... It is written all over her face. I saw her standing out front of the meeting tonight I told her to come with me into the meeting and tell us her pain, she did (God working) and she got numbers and help after the meeting. Boy those Meeting before and after the meeting are the best ones. I chaired the meeting tonight by surprize and It was such a great meeting, the energy, love, and hope just flowed. To anyone out there that thinks they can't do it, YES YOU CAN because if I did it man anyone can do it, but it is work work work and pain and emotional healing with GOD and AA, and the people in the rooms the power is so great IF YOU REALLY WANT IT. Thank you all for reading and have a great sleep, your all in my prayers Love Yeah Gail

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud!  my father died an alcoholic at the age of 41, that is how old I am now and it was too young. I hope you always find the courage to go forward and never fall back. This past year for you is what living is all about! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations for your strength and accomplishments. I pray to God that you continue to move forward with God's blessings so that your kids can continue to be proud of you. About you speaking today, speak with your heart, let God lead you as you speak tonight. You have no need to be in fear because God has been with you for this whole year and believe me He will not let you go now.Heavenly Father, I come to you interceding for Gail. I ask you Lord to bless her and someone else as she speaks tonight. Let her be a positive influence for another person tonight. I ask Lord to remove all fear from her heart because fear is not of You, Lord. Lord, I ask that you give her the words to speak tonight because I am sure this rough year that she has gone through, You walked her thru it and I know You will continue to bless her and walk with her for more years to come. Thank you Father in the name of Jesus, Amen!  Good luck and Congratulations once again. God bless you.... Jessie