Powered By Blogger

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The eye

When I came in the program I was Bankrupted, Literary. Mentally, Physically, just dead. But in the years of being here God placed wonderful people in my life. For me today it's not about drinking or even fantasizing the attention and fake love of so called friends. I have true friends and that is a gift. After a while when the drink doesn't seem to be the problem, well then for me it's growing pains. Pains that go all the way to THE EYE of my core. 
Things that I have repressed for years, even life times it feels like. I understand now a little more on why I react the way I do. My emotions have been so crazy,,,  Hurt, Love, Wonder, etc.  Even thou I haven't drank in some time I still remember that gut wreaking pain of waking up the next day and saying WHY. I know why now God loves me, I may spend allot time alone right now, but I pray allot alone all day. I know what Love feels like and it is missed. God has a plan, I tell myself that everyday and I will until I totally believe it. In my heart I believe. Fear, sorrow, loss will equal light and love in the long run. The growing pains never stop, If you have One day or many years. All really have is the Here and NOW! 

With Love Gail jersey shore girl.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Mom,

I love you so much! You are such an incredibly strong woman and I am so proud of how far you have come. I know that times are tough right now but things will get better. Take it one day at a time and know you always have your family and your friends to lean on.

Love,
Jenn

Mary in Michigan said...

Haven't been here in awhile. Had 2 hip replacements so that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it :)

Glad to see your still being strong,I'm also proud of you, from one former alcoholic to another :)
b

Love will find it's way to you, just never ever give up hope. Live for this day and this day only,let God take care of tomorrow.