Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, July 7, 2004

Doing what I don't want to do.

Well I did have a tough weekend with all the people here at the shore on vacation. I found myself feeling closed in, unable to breath. I didn't want to go out or to meeting etc. But I decided to face my fears and do it anyway. I went out to meeting for the last two nights and they really helped me. I drove along the coast and took time to see what I take for granted everyday, the sea, waves, boats, sky etc. it was great. I have to remind myself that I'am doing soooooooo  much better then I was 9 months ago.  I never want to go back to that life. It is loney sometimes more then others but in Gods time I will not be alone. I started writting because I haven't in so long and didn't want to so I went and did it and now I feel better. I have to push myself sometimes I get stuck in the funk of things. I found myself just looking at all the happy people and fun and forgot to look at the people that have it much worst then me. I have it pretty good for someone that has lost everything. I found myself not being able to pray so I asked God to help me pray and it is helping.   I just have to remember where I am and what time it is. I am Here, and the time is now. And the meaning of time to me is ( This I Must Earn ). Thank god I have some special people that help me so much and they don't even realize it.God has blessed me in many ways and that I have to keep in mind. Well until tomarro, Sunny 85 clear skys and beaches, it doesn't get better then this. ( for now ) .  Gail

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me sober today Gail.  I'm not alone.  Were not alone.  You reminded me of where I used to be and sometimes still am today, but most importantly you reminded me that we have some choices to make when were feeling a bit down.  We can work a program (use the tools) or wallow in our own shit.  It's clear to see your choice.  God bless you.  I see God and AA are working out there in New Jersey also. I am soooooo happy for you and grateful that you have found AA.  It could of been me writing what you wrote.  You have no idea of what you gave me today.   I love you,      
               
                                                     Randi    (Randigirl)

Anonymous said...

You are a strong person I can tell by reading your entries. One day at a time one step at a time. Be postive regardless negative things. I love the ocean its great.

Anonymous said...

keep the faith, keep being strong.

we are at the shore too.....

~jerseygirl
http://journals.aol.com/cneinhorn/WonderGirl