Powered By Blogger

Friday, February 20, 2004

Acceptance More then just saying IM

Acceptance is more then just saying or omitting you have a problem! When you truely accept the fact that you have a addiction weather Drugs, Eatting, Alcohol, spending whatever it may be that is when the true work comes in. Reality and Life on Lifes terms. Not only with myself but with other people, people we use to call friends. ( Even Family ). People tend to change when you change. One example I went out to dinner with some people that still do drink just a couple at dinner, but when I went with them they weren't sure if they should order a drink or not because I don't drink, I let it go for a couple of mintues and then said go ahead just because you drink doesn't mean I have too. ( They felt weird ) or you get the friends that when they do see you they try to go out of there way to say " Man I feel better, I don't drink like I use to" I drink alot of coffee now. Sometimes it just makes me laugh people change because they can't believe that there ex-partying buddy is sober.  Or they just get very scared almost like they are waiting for you to have your Grand Finialy. My Grand End was when I was at my end or the bottom we call it. Everyones bottom is different! Some worst then others but thats there bottom. In my case it took me losing everything including my mind. And that is a place I don't plan on visiting again or forgetting. God only puts on your plate what you can handle, and sense I was in a addiction and never started to finish most on my plate that's where the work comes in. Most people with a addictive pattern it becomes overwhelming and finally we accept we need help. Some turn to professional help, AA, Church, Etc. in my case all of the above but most important My Higher Power. ( Because I Couldn't do it alone )   cont...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello, My name is Tammy, I have almost 48 hours, clean and sober!I just wanted to tell you thanks for your thoughts, and you have helped me get in touch with some feelings that I guess are real for I am crying while I write! will blossom into what it is meant to be, without the drugs, alcohol, and "friends" and "family", that came to my destruction> Good luck to you, and thanks!

Sincerely,
Tlostinspace
AKA
Tammy