Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Detachment

Well, it has been awhile sense i wrote in this journal, alot has happened. I celebrated 4 months yesterday, and have seemed to shift my thoughts for once to myself. The one thing that has been going threw my mind lately is that I can no longer look back sense thats not the way I want to go. I have to face forward and take lifes problems head on. As a fast moving and confusing drunk that I was ( and still can be with that first drink) now I have to take a new direction. I have to be grateful for the things that I have going for me and stop trying to get back what I lost, maybe they where never mine to have. I have learned more about myself in these 4 months then I have learned in the past 41 years. I am a proud person and have self worth. I tend to keep going to that brick wall with all the same questions just to here the same answers praying that someday the people I loved the most in my life will just change face, but my head gets beat up against the wall over and over. So I have to change direction now and walk the other way with new hurtles to jump. One day at a time. I drank out of anxiety, and was arragent against reality. Time to wake up and put my mind to use. I love and miss my children but they are all getting older now and are really busy, I do feel cheated on motherhood, with no one to blame but myself but i'am working on a life time plan. God has a plan for me. Every alcoholics death has been interrupted because by rights we should have died a long time ago, but no we are special people of god! And are put here for a reason, or even maybe the sole purpose to help the new comer. I have lost alot but also gain back my life and respect to come.

                               This we owe to AA's Future:

To place our common welfare first; to keep our fellowship united, For on AA Unity depends our lives, and the lives of

those to come............................  Thank you, Love and God Bless, Gail  (responds welcome)

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life is a gift, Live it or Lose it: